Head of Technical
The Summer Berry Company has grown from decades of experience, innovation and a passion for growing exceptional berries for the UK’s supermarkets. Our farms in the UK and Portugal are great places to work and we need great people to work with us.
Job Title: Head of Technical
Location: Chichester, West Sussex, UK
- Ensuring compliance to audit and product specifications across supply chain.
- Maintaining and developing systems and processes used to monitor and control quality and technical parameters.
- Collaborating with all internal and external stakeholders to assure our customers specifications and audit standards are met for all produce delivered to customers.
- Liaising and collaborating with senior leaders and wider business to shape the technical strategy and successful execution of the plan.
- Regular communication to the business on technical risks in the supply chain and mitigation taken.
- Challenging and maintaining strong hygiene controls across the packhouse and wider business.
- Collaborating positively and proactively across the business to ensure quality and technical management is seen as integral to our success.
- Clear and effective communication with customers on our quality horizon and other risk management.
- Management and development of a team focused on ensuring audit and quality standards are met.
Skills & Requirements:
- Formal qualifications related to auditing or quality management systems is essential.
- HACCP Level 4
- Food Safety Level 4
- TACCP training
- BRC version 9
- Degree or similar qualification in a relevant field would be an advantage
- 5 years’ experience in Fresh Produce
- Driving Licence
- Proven track record leading quality or technical function in a fresh produce or fresh food environment
- Great communication skills and positive attitude.
Benefits: Company laptop and mobile, Scottish Widows Pension, Private Healthcare, Life Assurance, 25 days holiday plus Bank Holidays.
Vacancy Contact England Permanent
"*" indicates required fields