The Summer Berry Company has grown from decades of experience, innovation and a passion for growing exceptional berries for the UK’s supermarkets. Our farms in the UK and Portugal are great places to work and we need great people to work with us.
Job Title: Irrigation Manager
Reporting to: Groves Crop Manager
Location: Chichester, UK
- Irrigation labour coordination and management
- Managing the watering and feeding of the crops via the automated growing systems (Priva, Netafim etc)
- Managing the collection and analysis of daily run off and drip data
- Managing the collection and analysis of GDH and Chill units
- Irrigation materials purchasing
- Managing the daily monitoring of Temperature and Humidity within the crops
- Management of all fertilisers mixing and records keeping
- Maintaining adequate drainage within the fields and surrounding areas
- Managing the collection of coir, water and leaf samples
- Irrigation workload planning
- Manging specific Irrigation projects in relation to building new fields
- General maintenance of Irrigation equipment and systems where necessary
Skills & Qualifications:
- Excellent communication skills – essential
- Excellent people management skills – essential
- Strong analytical skills – essential
- Self-motivated, detailed with ability to work alone as well as in a team
- Clean UK/EU Driving Licence- essential
- Flexibility on working hours, including weekends, bank holidays and cover as required.
- Have a good understanding of all irrigation cost structures, including budgets and targets.
Benefits: Company mobile, Private Healthcare, Life Assurance (4 x annual salary), 25 days holiday plus Bank Holidays, eligibility to buy or sell up to 5 days holiday per year.
Vacancy Contact England Permanent
"*" indicates required fields