The Summer Berry Company has grown from decades of experience, innovation and a passion for growing exceptional berries for the UK’s supermarkets. Our farms in the UK and Portugal are great places to work and we need great people to work with us.
Job Title: Compliance Supervisor
Reporting to: Head of Technical
Location: Chichester, UK
- Ensuring compliance to audit and product specifications across our supply chain.
- Developing and controlling a programme of internal audits against certifications and customers standards.
- Controlling and managing non-conformities and corrective actions.
- Support the Head of Technical in the management, creation and monitoring of technical projects and in the development and management of Quality Systems documentation and policies.
- Participation in the company HACCP team and other working groups as appropriate.
- Regular communication to the business on technical risk in the supply chain and mitigations taken.
- Challenging and maintaining strong hygiene controls across the packhouse and wider business.
- Managing team with a focus on ensuring audits and quality standards are met.
- Creating, preparing and presenting KPI’s.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Proven track record of working in a technical function in a fresh produce or fresh food environment.
- HACCP Level 3
- Food Safety Level 3
- Experience in supporting or running BRC audit
- 3 years of experience in the Fresh Produce Sector
- Formal qualifications related to auditing or quality management systems is essential.
- Driving Licence
- Should be familiar with retails audits standards and have experience implementing continual improvement processes.
- Needs to have a ‘can do’ attitude and able to work in a fast and pressured environment.
- Great communicator
Benefits: Company laptop and mobile, Private Healthcare, 25 days holiday plus Bank Holidays, eligibility to buy or sell up to 5 days holiday per year.
Vacancy Contact England Permanent
"*" indicates required fields