The Summer Berry Company has grown from decades of experience, innovation and a passion for growing exceptional berries for the UK’s supermarkets. Our farms in the UK and Portugal are great places to work and we need great people to work with us.
Job Title: Commercial Assistant
Location: Odemira, Portugal
Purpose of the Position:
The Commercial Assistant will work closely with the senior team to meet customer demand and offer and deliver the highest standard of customer satisfaction to our key customers, ensuring the continued growth and success of the business. This is a key position at an exciting time and offers a commercially driven individual the opportunity to become part of the passionate commercial team and support the success of the business going forward.
This is an ideal opportunity for someone in the earlier stages of their Sales and Marketing career to develop in this fast-paced and exciting sector. You will be a strong team player and will need to work across the stakeholders in the business to ensure we maximise all sales opportunities for our crops.
Role/ Main Duties:
- Account management – ensuring that all commitments are met, that customers are satisfied and challenges communicated clearly and efficiently
- Maintain customer relationships to a high standard
- Forecasting – ability to set in place strategic long-term plans for the crops demonstrating forward thinking in terms of customer split and requirements to utilise the full crop
- Alignment with sales plan and crop plan – close liaison with the grower team is essential for success
- Daily contact for customers – excellent communication is key
- Best price mix to achieve the best return for the crop in line with business strategy
- Challenge returns and claims – defending our position where applicable but ensuring a satisfactory outcome for all parties
- Overview of seasonal pricing (budget vs forecast) – share insight on the market dynamics to ensure accuracy
- Collaboration with stakeholders – this role will work across all teams within the business including growing, harvesting, planning, technical, operations and logistics – ability to work across all teams is essential to ensure the fulfilment of all orders and programmes with effective planning at the heart of the role.
- Commercial reporting and tracking – for reporting to the SLT and board
- Budget/reforecast support
- Weekly pricing and negotiation
- Allocation of volumes – daily and weekly planning required – fast moving sector with significant change possible – you must demonstrate quick thinking to counter these unforeseen changes and secure the best result for TSBC.
- Support with tender completion
- Provide support to the senior Commercial team
- Assist in the development of the Commercial Strategy
- Deliver results in line with the budget
- Deliver annual customer strategies and with it successful results
- Understand how each department/site fits into the TSBC structure.
- Ensure all duties are carried out in accordance with Health and Safety regulations as given in company Risk Assessment
- Represent TSBC brand at all times and communicate the TSBC values
- Take responsibility for personal development
- This Job Description is not exhaustive, and the post holder may be required to undertake other appropriate duties from time to time
- The successful candidate must be an excellent communicator
- High standards when it comes to attention to detail – vital to ensure all orders are met as requested and TSBC reputation upheld within the industry and our wider customer base
- The candidate must be able to thrive in a fast-paced environment that is ever changing and must demonstrate a “can-do” attitude in this fast and sometimes pressured industry
- Confidence is essential as you will need to not only champion our Company and values but you will also need to sometimes defend our position in challenging times and do the “right thing”.
- The candidate must be dynamic and quick thinking and able to adapt to fast changing situations
- The candidate must be a self-starter, pro-active and keen to follow up on the unknown
- You must be a team player with excellent interpersonal and communication skills as working with all stakeholders not only within TSBC and our growing regions but within the wider customer base will be vital
- European languages useful
- Ability to travel is essential
- Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook and Powerpoint
- Numeracy, probing and analytical skills
- Ability to identify commercial opportunities for TSBC
- Fresh Produce experience advantageous but not essential
- Proven track record in a commercial role is essential
- Education to degree standard would be useful but not essential
- The candidate must have a clean driving licence
The candidate must be a team player as it is essential to link in with all areas of the business to ensure the fulfilment of all orders, utilising all of our crops but at the same time keeping our customers happy and driving efficiency and profitability throughout the process.
Vacancy Contact Portugal Permanent
"*" indicates required fields